What's new
What's new

Trouble reading a tension meter

mcnamee05

Plastic
EDIT: after looking at the meter over and over I figured out the 2 sets of numbers is just a continuation of the same unit. so read the black numbers for the first revolution then the second revolution read the red numbers. So I guess my question now is setting the machine wire tension to 1.0 or 1.2 should read what on my meter?

I'd like to check the tension of my wire, but I don't know how to read my meter. It's a Tensitron TR-4000. I've got notes on how to do the machine side like setting wire speed to "10" and wire tension to 1.0 and check results with the meter. My company let go of the guy who normally runs this machine and I got tasked with doing everything now, but I've had little training. So I apologize if my question is stupid.

My meter has 2 sets of numbers one set black that goes to 500 with 1 revolution, and red numbers that go to 4000 with 1 revolution, the meter turns a total of 2.25 revolutions.

So say I set my machine to 10 wire speed and 1.0 wire tension what the hell is this meter supposed to read?

The machine is a Charmilles Robofil 330F

Correct me if I'm wrong. I was looking at more stuff and found a unit in one of my books called daN. I looked this up and it said 1 daN is really close to 1KG. So knowing this when setting the machine to "1.0 wire tension" my meter should read 1000 grams. Am I going about this wrong?

also, the notes say to set wire speed to 10 when doing these checks, will this test not work if the wire speed isn't set to 10?

Back