What's new
What's new

Vaue of a Hansvedt SM-150B Sinker EDM ?

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
Considering putting our Hansvedt SM-150B up for sale. Problem is, I don't know what the market is for them or if there even is a market for them. eBay seems littered with them, but they also seem to sit there. Everyone wants $3.5-5K for them when they run well, but I don't see them selling. Maybe they are and there are just that many to sell??? :rolleyes5:

Searching completed listings shows a number that sold for less, and some that sold for asking, but I'm not sure if that is reliable data or not. Seems like just ending an auction makes it show up as completed. :angry:

I don't do much sinker work any more because I dislike it so much. Plus, I have another shop I can farm it out to if I need to. So when I add up the factors ( disliked, have an available vendor, like the space more than the machine, not much call for that work, etc... ) the smart money seems to point to letting it go to a good home that would actually use it.

... but I'm still left with what price to put on it. Anyone know what they actually sell for?
( and because I know it will come up - very good condition, runs like a clock, no issues, new filters and oil, with work chuck, tooling chuck, and some 3R 20mm tooling )

Thanks.

3-3.5k with tooling is about right if it doesnt have any issues. i have 2 of these exact machines im going to be moving to the back room soon. only to be used when work gets very heavy.

Hi Zahnrad Kopf:
I just gotta ask...what do you dislike so much about sinker EDM???
Is it the stink?
Is it the noise?
Is it the sliminess?
Is it the farting about?
Is it the snail's pace?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!:D

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining
Clarus Microtech

No, it's the scrambled eggs and bacon sound... drives me nuts and makes me hungry whenever it runs. I had to stop taking stinker work because I kept gaining weight from listening to it and eating uncontrollably. With bikini season just a little over one month away, a decision had to be made. LOL.

Good to "see" you around, Old Friend.

Back