What's new
What's new

Visual Database of wire edm anomalies.

nlancaster

Aluminum
I wonder if such a thing exists. A visual way to look for and find solutions to odd problems.

Example we have had a few parts in a run of 10 come out with what looks like entry/exit marks in a place that shouldn't be possible to have them. what could have caused it and what might the solution be?

Also now and ten we have a bore with a series of slots around it, and very rarely the corner of one slot will be clipped off. The slots all use the same code with a rotation command to align them around the bore.

These parts are all long running parts with what we thought were well understood programs, and they don't happen on every part, or even in every run.

Does anyone know of a visual data base of these kind of issues and or solutions to them?

I wonder if such a thing exists. A visual way to look for and find solutions to odd problems.

Example we have had a few parts in a run of 10 come out with what looks like entry/exit marks in a place that shouldn't be possible to have them. what could have caused it and what might the solution be?

Also now and ten we have a bore with a series of slots around it, and very rarely the corner of one slot will be clipped off. The slots all use the same code with a rotation command to align them around the bore.

These parts are all long running parts with what we thought were well understood programs, and they don't happen on every part, or even in every run.

Does anyone know of a visual data base of these kind of issues and or solutions to them?
Check tension with meter

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What machine do you have? My Mitsubishi Mv1200 has adjustable entry settings for speed vs accuracy as well as corner/radius master funtions that will slow down the feed rate when needed to avoid gouging. These adjustments are key to easy repeatability.

I'd guess that the corner of the slot that was clipped off was due to the program being slightly ahead of the actual erosion. The way of fixing this in the program for my machine would be to change the feedrate a little before a corner or small radius. A M91 would also need to be activated to turn off adaptive control and lock the feedrate around .001-.005ish temporarily. <-- basically what the corner master function does but it may alter the erosion settings a bit as well.

For entries i avoid G40 at all cost. Always be in G41/G42 before sparking. I also arc into features (when practical) as to blend the surface with my cut.

So the Bore of the hole is cut first, and then each slot is cut as a seperate cutting operation, no radiusing of the corners should be happening, not in the program at all.

I will have to check the rollers see if they are dirty, thanks for the tip.

Back