What's new

WEDM Sodick 6 axis, rotary head.

• Thread starter Luke.kerbey
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 689
L

Luke.kerbey

I’ve been using our 6 axis head for a while now in a 5+1 capacity and have done many jobs quite happily.

I’ve now got a job that I want to cut using the 6th axis to rotate 90 degrees to create a rib.

I made a program in the standard 5 axis format and simply put a G01W90 in the machining block.

I’ve ran a dry run and run a cycle with the job in complete clearance to see if it was even possible and it was, both programs ran and made it to the M02 function.

However, whatever I do, once I move the rotary axis in a cut, after I leave the cycle all my axis won’t jog. The rest of the machine works fine, I can do a move command, cut thread and everything but jog the machine. It also comes up with a “hardware limit error” which details “hardware limit stop”.

The axis works great in a link type program where I can make an angular movement out of a cut program. Too cut different sides of a job for example.

After I source and power off, and back on its back to normal.

So My question is, can anyone think of what’s causing this and how to get round it? Do I need to add anything else to my program? Or is this a purposely built in error to prevent me doing this and too buy some more fancy software?

I’d rather not keep rendering my machine useless and constant power offs. Between cycles.

I’ve tried halting the program before it finishes and also adding a M00 code but had no luck so far. This 6th axis cut was only a midnight idea yesterday so I’m pretty green on this idea.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Back