What's new
What's new

wire aligning question

tvalenzuela1432

Aluminum
Hello, I was wondering if I can get some insight on wire alignment. If you align the wire, set your G54 and note position, run your part, switch to a different part that is 5" taller, then go back to the prior G54 location to do some skims to finish up to dimensions. ....
Question: If your machine fell out of alignment, would your G54 location still be the same either way? Does aligning average the middle of X and U, Y and V to get the alignment? or does it align the UV to the XY?
Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but it is very important to understand when your cut comes out wacked so you try to realign the wire and fine that your U is out 0.002 and your V is out 0.011 on a trim and punch part with tight tolerance.

INSIGHT NEEDED!
Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Hello, I was wondering if I can get some insight on wire alignment. If you align the wire, set your G54 and note position, run your part, switch to a different part that is 5" taller, then go back to the prior G54 location to do some skims to finish up to dimensions. ....
Question: If your machine fell out of alignment, would your G54 location still be the same either way? Does aligning average the middle of X and U, Y and V to get the alignment? or does it align the UV to the XY?
Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but it is very important to understand when your cut comes out wacked so you try to realign the wire and fine that your U is out 0.002 and your V is out 0.011 on a trim and punch part with tight tolerance.

INSIGHT NEEDED!
Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Can you add into your program to re-align, then touch off for work offset after the alignment has happened? The older Charmilles machine had command words that would let you do similar things, kind of like adding a probe cycle into your VMC program to touch each part....

If there is for a Mitsubishi FX20K I would love to know how or an example of one! Because what good is knowing your G54 etc. if you cant ref back to it from part to part or if I have to clean the wire guides in the middle of a long run and realign the wire? I found something on it and it might as well be in a foreign language but from what I got out of it, it seems it does average the both. I think :crazy: So it seems my new mission is to learn how to make a program to re-align wire and insert it as a safety in all my programs.
Thanks,
Tvalen1432

Back