What's new
What's new

Wire EDM Di water system

M. Roberts

Cast Iron
Guys,

Take a look at the attached picture of my Di water set up on my wire EDM machine. To summarize;
-the city water enters the system via the copper pipe on the right
-there is a filter to catch any sediment that may be present, there is a pressure gauge prior to the sediment filter
-after it exits the sediment filter, the water flows into the first tank via Tygon hose which is equipped with a sight gauge/strainer.
-exits the second tank, and continues to the machine.
The issue being, that when the machine is in need of water, I like to fill it thru the Di tanks, but they seem to not have adequate flow thru them...as if they are clogged. So I get impatient, and fill the machine; that sends the resistivity crashing, thus the machine acts goofy until it reaches its happy place.

Would I be better off running the tanks in parallel versus in a series as such as the current set up (I just thought of this as I was typing)? Does anyone else have these issues?

Thanks for the input,
Mark

Attachments

• Di system.jpg
    Di system.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 86
Guys,

Take a look at the attached picture of my Di water set up on my wire EDM machine. To summarize;
-the city water enters the system via the copper pipe on the right
-there is a filter to catch any sediment that may be present, there is a pressure gauge prior to the sediment filter
-after it exits the sediment filter, the water flows into the first tank via Tygon hose which is equipped with a sight gauge/strainer.
-exits the second tank, and continues to the machine.
The issue being, that when the machine is in need of water, I like to fill it thru the Di tanks, but they seem to not have adequate flow thru them...as if they are clogged. So I get impatient, and fill the machine; that sends the resistivity crashing, thus the machine acts goofy until it reaches its happy place.

Would I be better off running the tanks in parallel versus in a series as such as the current set up (I just thought of this as I was typing)? Does anyone else have these issues?

Thanks for the input,
Mark

I have an extra bottle on a water line I only use for filling the tank.

Back