What's new
What's new

wire Edm e350

NewToEDM

Plastic
Hi , i am new in this field . i work on a wire and on a sink machine and i will start to use a fast punch hole machine also
the wire machine is an AgieCharmilles CUT E350 , i work with the machine for about three months , so if i would have to make a list with the problems i had/have ( from lack of experience ) i wouldn't know where to start
i work with visi peps , i had to make a program for a 165 mm height but i couldn't because the wire i use has a maximum of 100 usage problem is that i have to "postprocess" that difference , what i did isn't showing an improvement so far
or i have too high expectations
threading wire at this high with tank filled is also on luck

material Steel 165 mm
wire AC CUT VS 900 0,25 ( this supposed to be an alternative ( according to the seller ) for big height but on postprocessor is maximum 100 mm )
i normaly use AC Brass 900 0,25
any help would do

thanks

Hi , i am new in this field . i work on a wire and on a sink machine and i will start to use a fast punch hole machine also
the wire machine is an AgieCharmilles CUT E350 , i work with the machine for about three months , so if i would have to make a list with the problems i had/have ( from lack of experience ) i wouldn't know where to start
i work with visi peps , i had to make a program for a 165 mm height but i couldn't because the wire i use has a maximum of 100 usage problem is that i have to "postprocess" that difference , what i did isn't showing an improvement so far
or i have too high expectations
threading wire at this high with tank filled is also on luck

material Steel 165 mm
wire AC CUT VS 900 0,25 ( this supposed to be an alternative ( according to the seller ) for big height but on postprocessor is maximum 100 mm )
i normaly use AC Brass 900 0,25
any help would do

thanks

Wow i thought i was the only one using visi. I would bet you need to change visi to .30 wire as there are no power settings available for material over 152.4mm. This was the case on t he mitsubishi machine i run.

In visi right click on "project" in the wire tab.

i switched to Brass 900 , with this one it lets me use this hight.
i have tried and changed wire 0.3 ( just in program to make a test ) but that wire type is still on grey.
and about visi , i am still at the beginning , there still are unknown situations.

Hi i have the AgieCharmilles P350. We have had it now for close to 7 months. I have been running mitsubishi FA10, H, HA, and the Agie VP2. The P350 is a relatively new machine with a lot of glitches! BUT first I would recommend going back to the AC Brass 900 bedra wire. I have ran .2mm and .25mm and have had no trouble with either about threading. Im assuming yours came with the annealing tube also. This machine is by far the best machine i have ran about threading, it threads thru .5 mm holes with no trouble. As far as the height of the part I havent had any trouble with the technology because of thy he height. I do know with the VP2 we go to the maximum it will let you put in and then compensate with more clearance and more cuts.

i only have problems threading when outside the part and higher than the part , depends on geometry . i had a part with a start hole of .3 and it worked with my .25 wire , so yes , has good threading .
also those glitches , are many . whats your regular maintenance program ? i turned the contact guides ( Wolfram ) and it worked for about 2 days and now i have an error that wire gets out of contour plus i noticed a sound like a high note whistle when working and at some point machine stops . could i have my wire way blocked ?

i checked the guides , the upper guide/contact is worn ( 2 days work ) , probably was not fixed right , too tight ?
previous wire way was also more worn on upper guide/contact , i might do something wrong ( surely )

about visi , i am also beginner , i have some course ( for beginner ) but for some difficult situations it looks incomplete from an newbie perspective . maybe who did that course forgot to mention what he already knew and what was obvious for him ( or to pay to know ) . not enough information .
for me visi looks like is created by a left handed person , a bit harder for right handed persons to understand it ( joking )

Last edited:
it was my mistake , i had screwed too tight the upper guide and it had too much contact with the wire

Back