What's new
What's new

Wire EDM Monel 400

RJT

Titanium
I've never had occasion to wire this stuff, looking at a fair amount of work out of 8 inch thick material. I'll contact Mits to get some applications help, anyone fool with this stuff? Some thin sections that cause me some concern, wondering how stable this is. No close tolerances, but I sure don't want to screw up this stuff.

I've never had occasion to wire this stuff, looking at a fair amount of work out of 8 inch thick material. I'll contact Mits to get some applications help, anyone fool with this stuff? Some thin sections that cause me some concern, wondering how stable this is. No close tolerances, but I sure don't want to screw up this stuff.

It wires just fine, but just pay more attention than normal to planning and layout because that nagging feeling you are experiencing is correct. Given the opportunity, it was absolutely take advantage and potato chip on you. Leave meat for skims, if possible.

It's a odd shaped part, customer has a sample made at a different division and it has been milled finished. Going to take some tricky fixturing, but I'm going to quote it that way and not re invent the wheel.

Back