State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wire EDM Threading

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi FA20S (2007)

My issue is not the threading itself, but the air stays on and the pipe is down and will not stop.

It threads great, it stops threading when it reaches the back, but the air continues to run, the pipe is in down position and it stops threading and stay in that position and does not continue with the program.

I've cleaned everything that I can put my hand on. I've change and rotated anything that is normal to do so. I've carefully air gunned everywhere. The issue didn't start when I first cleaned, but on the next part (one day later).

Is there a sensor or something not cleaned good enough?

Thanks for your input.
    Bruce

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wd8rmo View Post
    Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi FA20S (2007)

My issue is not the threading itself, but the air stays on and the pipe is down and will not stop.

It threads great, it stops threading when it reaches the back, but the air continues to run, the pipe is in down position and it stops threading and stay in that position and does not continue with the program.

I've cleaned everything that I can put my hand on. I've change and rotated anything that is normal to do so. I've carefully air gunned everywhere. The issue didn't start when I first cleaned, but on the next part (one day later).

Is there a sensor or something not cleaned good enough?

Thanks for your input.
    Bruce
    Ive had this issue in the past. One time my compact cylinder that controls the open and closing of the upper guide went bad and had to replace it. The other times i've had this issue was using a strong magnet to hold my part and my upper head was to close and the magnet was preventing the upper guide from closing.

3. Likes tvalenzuela1432 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry off subject but have you ever had a problem loosing the flushing pressure on the down side at the flow meters? I'm going nutts trying to figure out what it is that's causing it.

tvalen1432