What's new
What's new

Wire software... - peps? fanuc cam-i blows......

FeinMecanix

Plastic
Hi!
I am new to this wire edm business and have no real idea what software to run for the cam stuff. Normally I am a very happy Siemens NX user for general cnc cad/cam operations but this has no real developed wire functions at the moment. I tried the Fanuc cam-i software and to say I am not impressed is an understatement. Very buggy and a real pain to use. I hear many guys run Camtek PEPS and I am thinking I will give it a go. Any feedback? Any happy peps users? Any happy cam-i customers?

cheers,
James

I've used Peps and Opticam. Not impressed.Changed to ficus by Metalcam and love it! It's amazingly fast and easy. Call Kieth at 770 560 7996. No affiliation, but his support is superb!

Esprit by DP technologies is still recognized as the best by mwah.
Big bucks though... Only recommend the investment if you plan on doing a lot of 4-axis.

I'm curious as to what problems you guys are having with CAMi..?
I'm also wondering if anyone has transitioned from Fapt-Cut to CAMi..? Specificall, are the same problems present in both CAD/CAM versions..?
I've been using FAPT-Cut and the CAMi for almost 15 years now and while it's often boring I find there isn't much the Fanuc software can't do.
I'd love to try something else as I've heard wonderful things about other CAD/CAM software the cost is just too much to justify.
Even getting a POST file for a single machine can be quite expensive.
Ouch, I'm starting to make a speech. I'll end my post here.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to hearing thoughts others might have on this subject.

Esprit all the way. Easy to use, able to import machine settings, angled start hole feature and great for 4 axis programming.

Back