What's new
What's new

1X or 2X rivet gun recomendations please

pcm81

Cast Iron
Looking to buy a 1x or 2x rivet gun to supplement my existing tool set. Currently i have Ingersoll rand air hammer and craftsman 12V electric hammer. They work well for 1/8" and higher steel and monel rivets, but have too much power for 1/8th aluminium rivets. I am looking on ebay for a quality 1x or 2x rivet gun for smaller rivets. What i am hoping to get from this thread are the recommendations on brand name and/or part numbers of quality airgun. Don't care how it looks, i can sandblast and paint/plate exterior, but want to make sure that the internals are worth the $$.

Thanks ahead

Cleaveland Aircraft Tool has quality stuff . They have a Sioux brand 2x gun made in USA for about $395 . Kind of pricey but most likely good quality .
They have another brand for I think $275 .

These are aircraft tools so are used for aluminum rivets .

Hit the Aircraft tools sites and get familiar with the names, then go wander around on ebay for a while and see what comes up.

I got a really nice Chicago Pneumatic ergonomic 3X gun there for a couple cents on the dollar. Guy selling it tested it without a tool in it, and it just made a fart noise. So had it listed as not working. Worked great once a snap was installed! :)

Back