What's new
What's new

5'X5' 16 gauge sheet steel

ronf

Cast Iron
Is it possible to buy 5'X5' steel sheet in 16 gauge? I'm making a repair on a combine, I figure the factory ordered a large quantity in the size they needed, will it be possible for me to find a single piece. I'm in Montana and with just a quick search all I'm finding is standard 4x8 sheets or smaller. I just need A36 hot rolled steel nothing fancy.

5' wide should be no problem, but you may have to buy 10'. A local supplier stocks 5' x 10' but doesn't cut. There are local fabricators that would sell the 5' x 5', but you will be paying for the other part as well.

Though many years old, my E. M. Jorgensen catalog shows you that there are no other 50" plus wide sheet until you buy a 54 X 120

5' x 10' is common but not always in 16ga. Some places and probably more now die to the pandemic just cant stock every size.

Also see if they would have a 5' x 8'

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We only 5' x 10' sheets where I work. Your local suppliers will probably dictate availability but it does exist. We can also get 16g in 6' x 12' in stock at our suppliers.

Well my locale supplier was closed today so will try tomorrow. it's nice to know 5 foot is common I don't care about having to buy extra length. I bought Hardox from a supplier in northern Wyoming so I could try them if the local supplier can't get it.

Back