Airgas Issues - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airgas Issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still have an account with Airgas but I seldom go there anymore. At one time, I knew all of the employees there by name but in the past few years they have had more turnovers than a bakery. I was with Sierra, Moore and National Gas in Sacramento before they were all bought out one at a time. When Airgas took over, prices on Argon, Acetylene, Oxygen, and CO2 all went up dramatically.

I moved to a smaller, California based LWS and prices are much lower for all of the above. Customers should vote with their feet.

2. Likes digger doug, B-Mathews liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I contacted all the suppliers in my area. Then I discovered that my local ACE hardware store had a better deal than any of them, on both bottles and gases. I find this astounding, especially because the owner of the store is notoriously greedy. They handle Thoroughbred brand gases, which is the brand that Tractor Supply also handles. For that matter, TS is a better deal than any of the LWSs. Who is Thoroughbred, and who's gasses are they supplying?

PS - Just filled out an account application for AirGas in order to get a quote - worst corporate application form I've filled out in years. Had to enlarge it to 11X17 to ba able to read it and fill in the tiny spaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    I contacted all the suppliers in my area. Then I discovered that my local ACE hardware store had a better deal than any of them, on both bottles and gases. I find this astounding, especially because the owner of the store is notoriously greedy. They handle Thoroughbred brand gases, which is the brand that Tractor Supply also handles. For that matter, TS is a better deal than any of the LWSs. Who is Thoroughbred, and who's gasses are they supplying?

PS - Just filled out an account application for AirGas in order to get a quote - worst corporate application form I've filled out in years. Had to enlarge it to 11X17 to ba able to read it and fill in the tiny spaces.
    Thoroughbred is the brand child of Scott Gross welding supply (home in Kentucky) here→ Welding Supplies Super Store | Miller | ESAB | Lincoln | Victor

I have a particular affection for those guys & have enjoyed some smokin’ deals in the past. They are notorious for not keeping the web sale prices up to date but have always honored the price posted on their site.

They were also the folks who got their fingers slapped by an Airgas lawsuit some years back (taking them in on exchange & re-painting). Must’a been a lot of them, oh well…

Matt

5. Likes Mud liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

here in Michigan we had the same problem with pricing over just propane with Airgas so we left them.