What's new
What's new

Any idea what this machine attachment is?

MARK07747

Cast Iron
I am trying to identify this machine indexing attachment that came in with a welding positioner that I purchased- it definitely did not go to my machine but it is expensive looking and someone is missing it. The jaws are brass as well as the base. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marc

Attachments

• IMG_7143.jpg
    IMG_7143.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_7144.jpg
    IMG_7144.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_7145.jpg
    IMG_7145.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_7146.jpg
    IMG_7146.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_7147.jpg
    IMG_7147.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 235
Cant quite tell from the pics, but looks like an indexer of some kind. Is that a 4 jaw chuck? Looks like something is going on with the base as well.

The brass makes me think it is for welding. The construction makes me think of some kind of precision welding, such as tig. The age makes me think its to old for laser.

It has removable rapid index pins for 45 degree increments. What does the brass slider opposite the chuck control?

Looks like a basic quick indexing head for repetitive simple jobs, such as drilling the same holes in many pieces. Like a really basic dividing head.

Yes it is a indexer and it has brass jaws and base but trying to figure out what machine it is for...

Welp if you don't have the machine, it now fits any machine you can make it work for. :D
I could see toe clamping it to a drill press for quick and dirty cross holes, toe clamped to a b-port table for light milling and/or drilling with more precision than a drill press, on a surface grinder to grind notches at some opposing angles, etc...

I figured it out.... It is a plane of bend indexer for a Ercolina tube bender.

winner winner chicken dinner. Not so much an indexer as spinnable trolley, the rotation locks do not really hold if you are running longer pipe. Handy little trolley, when you engage the chuck there is a trigger tab that extends below the assembly to catch stops if you have repeated parts.

Back