What's new
What's new

Anyone with experience on a LVD Strippit SP series press brake? Cybelic control

pagoda

Aluminum
We purchased a SP450 with a Cybelic DNC60 that has less than 100hrs but is like 7 years old.
So far everything is working but we cant get the ram to return up.... It has pressure and will go down but it will not let us home everything.

LVD has been no help at all... They have like two people that know the machine. One is on vacation for 2 weeks and the other is a tech and they will not let us talk to him so we are in the process of getting a quote to have him on site. Figured I would reach out before we go with this as I feel like its something simple.

I have a guy that understands the programing and the Cybelic but we need to get pat homing the machine to do anything at all

Would gladly compensate for someone's efforts if they can help.
Thanks!
Ian

Do you know the correct start up homeing sequence? Or are you saying its not working? theres a big difference there, start up homeing sequence is normally pretty specific and you really need to read a manual specific to your machine. Yet to use a brake press that even remotely has a obvious start up sequence to home things, not sure if thats done on purpose or not.

I believe its the Homing sequence.

The only documentation from Strippit states "ram up button"....

We did one service guy that told us to power up, Put the machine in Auto or semiauto and then hit ram up. this does not work and when you hit auto or semi auto the LED light turns on program mode.

When my Accurpress brake loses power, it requires recalibration of the backgauge and the ram. Maybe look at the controller to find the calibration procedure. On my press, the backgauge recalibration requires the gauge to go to the farthest position, then returns to the 4.000 position so you can set the fingers. To do the ram depth, I have to engage the ram depth and then it requires me to stomp the foot control to start the set up. The ram goes to the top of the stroke to set the position. Don't know if this will help, but thought I would pass this on.

Yea, Im guessing its something like that.
Problem is that I have tons of documentation on the Cybelic but the lower section of the control is built and programed by Strippit and they have no desire to help. I will keep messing with it and hopefully someone that has one can chime in...
That or I pay a crazy service call fee.

Thanks for the ideas!

Back