What's new
What's new

Baileigh Press Quality

longrangejon

Plastic
Looking to purchase a press to use 10 times a year can't bring myself to get a HF type unit so I have been shopping
trying to find the used Dake that everyone talks about and I think I have decided on a Baileigh HSP-30A.
Let me know your thoughts please as I need to order on Monday.

Thanks Jon

If you can inspect one,run it at full 30 ton,and note deflection of frame..........my only concern would be the press cylinder ram has a too small diameter rod......as often the rod has to take considerable side load,and also a small rod will mushroom............especially if the press is used for truck and tractor maintenance work,and you have employees who may not bother to get loads centered......I used to make custom presses up to 200 ton to order.........but mine were copies of old commercial ones ......particularly the Oz made ..Servex.....(Industrial Service Enginers)

I have no experience with Baileigh presses but we do have a Baileigh bender (RDB-150) and in the 12 or so years we've
owned it the thing has been faultless. If that press is built as well as our bender you shouldn't have any issues with it. I took
a quick look on their website and I'd say the press looks pretty good...

Baileigh is basically a marketing/rebranding company, IMO.

Here is the exact same chinese press with red paint for $600+ cheaper. (quick google, I'm sure you can find other very similar deals.)

30 Ton Air/Hydraulic Shop Press

FWIW I have some Baileigh sheet metal stuff. Some of it isn't as common as a shop press, but fit an finish is typical Chinese cheap tools but with blue paint and a very nice aluminum name plate. It works for me though for the limited stuff I do with them.

I have a HF 50 ton press I modified but it wouldn't reach 50 tons out of the box (and maybe I wouldn't want it to :) ) But it does go to 30 and is cheaper still than the above.

1 whole freaking day ?

Oooooh way to push.

Are you a purchasing agent by chance ?

When you say "HF Press" do you mean the ones in the store ?

Mailorder only, they make a much larger & stronger press.

Locally we have a source for a JET hp-15a is that a better option than others mentioned above
thanks for all the good information. I'm located in Montana so local sources to buy things are very limited

Back