What's new
What's new

Bending Machine Fabrication

fakhruddinhaji

Plastic
Dear All,

I am in to manufacturing Foundation Bolts and as it requires bending the bolts i have fabricated a hydraulic bending machine using a 50 ton hydraulic jack..i want to know of what material should i make the dies for bending as while bending the dies are getting damaged alot and also if anyone can help me with how to fabricated the table or dies for bending a J Type Bolt

Dear All,

I am in to manufacturing Foundation Bolts and as it requires bending the bolts i have fabricated a hydraulic bending machine using a 50 ton hydraulic jack..i want to know of what material should i make the dies for bending as while bending the dies are getting damaged alot and also if anyone can help me with how to fabricated the table or dies for bending a J Type Bolt

could you show us a drawing?

Hi guys!

Maybe this machine will help you with bending the sheet metal:

https://dinamicline.com

Machine specifications:

Type: CNC
Length: 8000mm
Width: 1300mm
Space requirements: (1900 x 1650 x 8800)
Metal sheet bending thickness: 0.7mm
Bending angle: 136 stepeni
Machine weight: 3t
Power requirements: 3kw/16A
Motor power: 2,2 kw
Opening width: 105mm
Insertion depth: 1250mm

Hope this will help!

Hi guys!

Maybe this machine will help you with bending the sheet metal:

https://dinamicline.com

Machine specifications:

Type: CNC
Length: 8000mm
Width: 1300mm
Space requirements: (1900 x 1650 x 8800)
Metal sheet bending thickness: 0.7mm
Bending angle: 136 stepeni
Machine weight: 3t
Power requirements: 3kw/16A
Motor power: 2,2 kw
Opening width: 105mm
Insertion depth: 1250mm

Hope this will help!

A "J" bolt made of sheet metal? Why haven't I thought of that? After all, it's only for a foundation.

+1 on the Hossfeld type bender. J shape not required, 90 degree bend will do. No die needed. Bend between 3 round pins spaced for no crack radius.

Forming Die Tool Steel for wear

Use D2 high carbon high chrome tool steel heat-treated to 62-64Rc for the P&D. A simple "V" Shape. Make the punch bend radius the same as the form radius of the bolt. Use a one inch thick steel plate for mounting your dies and jack in a horizontal position. Make the form blocks thick enough to run (3) parts at a time (1 1/2"-2" thick). 3/8" screw and dowel the die solid to the plate. Make guide rails on each side of the punch to hold the slide to base-plate so the punch maintains alignment with the die. One thing you didn't mention is the annual requirement. Use oil to run the parts. If your planning to supply the industry, consider using a hydraulic cylinder and hydraulic pump with two button hand controls.

Roger

Can you not picture something as simple as a "J" in your head?

The bend radius, angle, flange length (if you call it that on round stock), distance to threads, and diameter are all very critical to selecting a die.

Yes, you could type all of those out, but that's also the exact information the drawing contains.

Back