Bending Machine Fabrication
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chennai,TamilNadu,India
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Question Bending Machine Fabrication

    Dear All,

    I am in to manufacturing Foundation Bolts and as it requires bending the bolts i have fabricated a hydraulic bending machine using a 50 ton hydraulic jack..i want to know of what material should i make the dies for bending as while bending the dies are getting damaged alot and also if anyone can help me with how to fabricated the table or dies for bending a J Type Bolt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    milton freewater oregon
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3811
    Likes (Received)
    1643

    Default

    Iv made lots of j bolts and use a simple machine like this.

    So simple a monkey can run one. We don't have monkeys in this part of the world though. Wish we did.

    Tube Bending Machines | Metal Benders & Bending Dies | Hossfeld UNIVERSAL™ Bender, Winona, MN

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia Rostov-on-Don
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fakhruddinhaji View Post
    Dear All,

    I am in to manufacturing Foundation Bolts and as it requires bending the bolts i have fabricated a hydraulic bending machine using a 50 ton hydraulic jack..i want to know of what material should i make the dies for bending as while bending the dies are getting damaged alot and also if anyone can help me with how to fabricated the table or dies for bending a J Type Bolt
    could you show us a drawing?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Country
    SERBIA
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Hi guys!

    Maybe this machine will help you with bending the sheet metal:

    https://dinamicline.com

    Machine specifications:

    Type: CNC
    Length: 8000mm
    Width: 1300mm
    Space requirements: (1900 x 1650 x 8800)
    Metal sheet bending thickness: 0.7mm
    Bending angle: 136 stepeni
    Machine weight: 3t
    Power requirements: 3kw/16A
    Motor power: 2,2 kw
    Opening width: 105mm
    Insertion depth: 1250mm

    Hope this will help!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    645
    Likes (Received)
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikola_p View Post
    could you show us a drawing?
    Can you not picture something as simple as a "J" in your head?

  6. Likes dkmc liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    645
    Likes (Received)
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skee11 View Post
    Hi guys!

    Maybe this machine will help you with bending the sheet metal:

    https://dinamicline.com

    Machine specifications:

    Type: CNC
    Length: 8000mm
    Width: 1300mm
    Space requirements: (1900 x 1650 x 8800)
    Metal sheet bending thickness: 0.7mm
    Bending angle: 136 stepeni
    Machine weight: 3t
    Power requirements: 3kw/16A
    Motor power: 2,2 kw
    Opening width: 105mm
    Insertion depth: 1250mm

    Hope this will help!
    A "J" bolt made of sheet metal? Why haven't I thought of that? After all, it's only for a foundation.

  8. Likes dkmc liked this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    61

    Default

    +1 on the Hossfeld type bender. J shape not required, 90 degree bend will do. No die needed. Bend between 3 round pins spaced for no crack radius.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brookfield, Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    300
    Likes (Received)
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikola_p View Post
    could you show us a drawing?
    Thread was created almost 7.5 years ago.

  11. Likes dkmc, BT Fabrication liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default Forming Die Tool Steel for wear

    Use D2 high carbon high chrome tool steel heat-treated to 62-64Rc for the P&D. A simple "V" Shape. Make the punch bend radius the same as the form radius of the bolt. Use a one inch thick steel plate for mounting your dies and jack in a horizontal position. Make the form blocks thick enough to run (3) parts at a time (1 1/2"-2" thick). 3/8" screw and dowel the die solid to the plate. Make guide rails on each side of the punch to hold the slide to base-plate so the punch maintains alignment with the die. One thing you didn't mention is the annual requirement. Use oil to run the parts. If your planning to supply the industry, consider using a hydraulic cylinder and hydraulic pump with two button hand controls.

    Roger

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    414
    Likes (Received)
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    Can you not picture something as simple as a "J" in your head?
    The bend radius, angle, flange length (if you call it that on round stock), distance to threads, and diameter are all very critical to selecting a die.

    Yes, you could type all of those out, but that's also the exact information the drawing contains.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •