What's new
What's new

Bracket fabrication.... How was this piece made?

TFPace

Stainless
The is a simple bracket. 2"x2"x2" by 0.0625" thick. I'm guessing turret punch or stamped and folded. The markings on the edges are telling but I don't know anything about this process.

There are folks on this forum that'll know in a minute how this piece is made.

Material is galvanized. These are used on metal building erection.

Thanks,

Tom

20210308_162912.jpg20210308_163102.jpg20210308_162746.jpg

These were stamped by a press and most likely bent on the last step.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The marks on the edges suggest a progressive die to me, so these were probably made from a continuous strip and not on a turret punch.
But definitely a 100% press job, blanking, punching, and bending.

Possibly a two station progressive stamping die. Cutoff and punch holes in first station then bend on second station.

You guys are nuts - those were clearly machined from solid titanium, then a gilded by a craftsman with the extremely precious gold-zinc alloy Golzind. It has a very understated hue, looking exactly like its distant cousin, Galvy.

Not many know how to make that alloy anymore, let alone apply it so skillfully, so well done on finding those masterpieces!

that is probably easiest with a stamping supplier. they most likely have already gone to them and seen a 20K quote as making a dedicated die set is $$$$$
you could do it all manual, or have it cut on a table and bent. ive done a few of brackets like these and those are only for things someone cant find, not something that someone can already buy for $1 a piece or less.

Back