What's new
What's new

Can anyone help identify this press brake?

Pivot

Plastic
Hi,
Looking at this press brake online and the selling broker only has it listed as "Chicago L Series ?"
Question mark is in the ad like they don't know what model/series it is and there are no pictures of a id plate. I've looked at old literature for L Series models and they look different and seem heavier.
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Lseriespressbrake.jpg
    Lseriespressbrake.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 123
Hi,
Looking at this press brake online and the selling broker only has it listed as "Chicago L Series ?"
Question mark is in the ad like they don't know what model/series it is and there are no pictures of a id plate. I've looked at old literature for L Series models and they look different and seem heavier.
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You probably already know, it is a Chicago/ Dreis & Krump L series?
It looks like a 6' 30 something ton machine?
You would have to look at the tag for more info, BTW, Dreis & Krump are still in business!

15 to 750 ton Mechanical Press Brakes - Dreis & Krump Manufacturing

I have a larger version, I was able to get the manual and parts are still available!

Kevin

Well it sold already so that's that. Still don't think it's an L though, I think it's a model #335 35 ton 72"
Kevin, are you happy with a "mechanical" press brake as opposed to a hydraulic one? Does it do everything you need? Any drawbacks?

Well it sold already so that's that. Still don't think it's an L though, I think it's a model #335 35 ton 72"
Kevin, are you happy with a "mechanical" press brake as opposed to a hydraulic one? Does it do everything you need? Any drawbacks?

Mine is still apart after moving, had to take the ram off because of the weight and the limitation of my Hilo!

I had a Diacro, chose the Chicago because it had an air clutch, more tonnage capacity and inching function......looking forward to actually making parts with it!

Kevin

Last edited:
You had a Diacro with the rotary actuator and you went to an air clutch??
If there ever was an inching function, it would be with the Diacro.
Bad move I think!

Mine is still apart after moving, had to take the ram off because of the weight and the limitation of my Hilo!

I had a Diacro, chose the Chicago because it had an air clutch, more tonnage capacity and inching function......looking forward to actually making parts with it!

Kevin

Kevin

Back