What's new
What's new

Chemical Tungsten Sharpener

Yes it does work although i am not sure I am using it correctly, I find it nice when I "Dip" my tungsten in the weld, the chemical dip cleans off the tungsten well without having to get out of my chair. As cheap as it is I would reccomend trying it.

Good Luck Scott

I have used the dip. I dont like it. It wastes more tungsten than grinding. You can get a needle point though if thats what yer after. Also, dont know what the smoke coming off the chemical is so stand clear :D JRouche

chemsharp.jpg

I have a jar of chemical sharpener also. It does work and gives a very sharp point. The problem, as mentioned just above by JRouche, is that it is very hard on Tungsten.

If you use it consistently you will go through more tunsgsten than if you just sharpen them on a stone when needed.

its one of those "mechanic / machinists in a jar" type things. I tried it once and is made more of a mess than it was worth. Maybe I made the mistake of following instrutions. :D I use a wheel and I have total control over the sharpening - minimal removal to get the job done. This stuff left a crust on the electrode and a mess of the tip. Fortunately, it was only a few bucks for the jar. Education is not always expensive.

Back