What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Shear Light beam gage

joebass

Aluminum
I recently bought a Cincinnati 1/4x10 shear to replace my 10 GA Niagara. There are times when I need to shear to a scribe. The Niagara was short enough I could look down on the blade.
I've searched for images all over google and on ebay. Can someone provide pictures of what's involved? And some measurements? I've got two new 4 foot LED fixtures.

A few years back I checked out a couple linear beam lasers from Ebay but the lines get fuzzy out about 3-4 feet. Maybe there are better ones now.

I recently bought a Cincinnati 1/4x10 shear to replace my 10 GA Niagara. There are times when I need to shear to a scribe. The Niagara was short enough I could look down on the blade.
I've searched for images all over google and on ebay. Can someone provide pictures of what's involved? And some measurements? I've got two new 4 foot LED fixtures.

You cant use lights with multiple rows of light, so most LEDs are not usable.

You need standard bulbs and run them down the blade about 2 feet above the top. The bulbs need to be adjustable so they shine a light straight down. As the blade gets taller, the light beam will be wrong, but you can figure it out and adjust it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back