What's new
What's new

Cincinnati - Who is this?

Ox

Diamond
CI+Logo+%28white%29.png

Our History — Cincinnati Incorporated

Can anyone quantify who these people are?
Is [was] this part of the original Cinci Milacron Company?
I see that they are distinguishing themselves with the "ci" in a box in the name.

This is not part of Fives - near as I can tell.

It doesn't appear to be the same as Cincinnati Machines - who is/was a used machinery dealer in Cinci that started importing and rebadging foreign machinery and selling to folks that were thinking that they were buying actual Cinci equipment. But may be?

A customer just bought one of their cute little red press brakes, and it looks more like a vending machine setting there, but ...

1800250123_1+%28clear+back%29.png

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

While someone might have bought the press brake and shear division (to get the name brand)
I don't think you'd want to also take on all that liability from the old company (accidents lawsuits)

Cincinnati Incorporated was originally the Cincinnati Shaper Company and also built brakes and shears along with their metal shaper product line.

There was a gear cutting machine subsidiary early on: The Cincinnati Gear Cutting Machine Company.

IIRC, the shaper product line was discontinued in the 1960s and the company increased its focus on press brakes, shears, powdered metal presses and laser cutting machines.

Cincinnati Incorporated/Cincinnati Shaper Company were not associated with Cincinnati Milling Machine/Cincinnati Milacron/Cincinnati Lamb/Cincinnati Machine/MAG/FIVES.

Mike

OK, so ... Did "The Mill" ever make brakes? Shears?

Are all of the old skewl big Cinci brakes - all from this company?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

e-ci.com

Is Cincinnati, just the newest form of it. I still get my press brake parts from them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OK, so ... Did "The Mill" ever make brakes? Shears?

Are all of the old skewl big Cinci brakes - all from this company?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

"The Mill" aka Cincinnati Milling Machine/Cincinnati Milacron did not manufacture brakes or shears... Cincinnati Incorporated/CI made all the old school big Cincinnati brakes and shears.

Mike

I have nothing of value to add, I just wanted to mention my shock at someone mentioning Fives, as thats who I work for! There's a weird sense of pride when someone else recognizes your company. (Even though its a big global conglomerate, I feel like no one knows about it.)

Yup! Fives is a big ass company that owns a bunch of other companies, hah. I work in the High Precision Machining Division, but you'll tell from the site there's an assortment of different things offered.

Back