What's new
What's new

Closed Loop Water Jet Filtration and SRS

johfoster

Cast Iron
I need a closed loop setup and an srs put together for multiple machines. The SRS setups I can go without for a while if needed, but also I don't have much worry about piecing one together that will work.

The closed loop filtration I am having more questions about. I have a chiller already, and I probably have enough surplus pumps laying around here also. Building an open tank no problem either. Is Ebbco the only game in town for the filter housings and elements? Have any of you pieced together your own setup before?

I was on a budget before, but with everything going on right now saving $5k here and there has become worth the effort at the current moment until I have these up and running. Thanks.

Still interested to get some input on this if anyone wants to chime in on it.

I have since picked up an Ebbco closed loop setup that we found out in CA a few weeks ago. Was setup for an EDM previously, but won't take many changes to make it compatible with a waterjet. I would still like to know if anyone besides Ebbco is making filtration systems for this application. The Ebbco price I was quoted for new makes me think not, and I don't find anyone else easily at least. The sales guy pretty much scoffed at me thinking that I could use an EDM setup on the waterjet. This was even after their service tech had confirmed my thinking about it earlier in the week. Easy to put up the $30k+ for a system when you roll it into a $200k machine payment maybe.
20200502_185533.jpg

Attachments

• 20200502_185547.jpg
    20200502_185547.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 55
Still interested to get some input on this if anyone wants to chime in on it.

I have since picked up an Ebbco closed loop setup that we found out in CA a few weeks ago. Was setup for an EDM previously, but won't take many changes to make it compatible with a waterjet. I would still like to know if anyone besides Ebbco is making filtration systems for this application. The Ebbco price I was quoted for new makes me think not, and I don't find anyone else easily at least. The sales guy pretty much scoffed at me thinking that I could use an EDM setup on the waterjet. This was even after their service tech had confirmed my thinking about it earlier in the week. Easy to put up the $30k+ for a system when you roll it into a $200k machine payment maybe.
View attachment 287786

I have a system on my waterjet built by MCRL which I've been happy with. I can't remember the exact price as it came with the waterjet as a complete package. The customer service has been good even though I have not had to call very often.

Back