What's new
What's new

Cnc bender for small lots

DeadCenter

Plastic
I'm having trouble finding a cnc bender for small lots (100 pcs max) of small diameter tubing. All stainless steel. Mostly 1/16 diameter x 0.65" wall. We have lots of different part numbers that we make all the time, and use a hand bender for all of it. It does a good job, but I'd like to get a cnc to free up my talented people to do more complex machining work. I can't seem to find anything that's fits my application. Any suggestions?

That's a fairly thick wall for its size. Do you think a wire bending machine would work without collapsing the tube?

I saw this company at a booth at MDM East, and was amazed at their price point. First thing I though about was using it for bending small diameter tubing, although I don't do very many jobs with multiples of the same profile. Its probably worth checking them out. PENSALABS.com

That is VERY cool! I'll look into them. I posted too late last night and got my tube sizes all screwed up. Our sizes are:

3/16 OD x 0.035" Wall
1/4 OD x 0.020" Wall

all 316 stainless steel

You need to look at the refrigeration trade, there commonly dealing in thoes sizes, your other issue is what center line radius of bend do you need? If tight that may restrict your machine choices even more.

the term "cnc thin tube bender" fed to youtube (rather than google ???) yields a couple of machines that seem realted to OP's quest. (Pricing, quality, etc. unknown to me.)
[The examples look like something out of refridgeration to me....]

Orbital CNC Tube Bender-- Winton Machine Company - YouTube

Which leads to these folks....
Winton Machine: Tube Bending & Coax Fabrication Machines

But you have to search on their site for "orbital" to find this:
Winton Machine: OB23 CNC Orbital Tube Bender

A little random link chasing on youtube (again ????) yields this machine
NISSIN CNC 3D FREEFORM TUBE BENDER PV NEW VERSION L - YouTube

I've not worked with any of these, and am a little baffled as to why they're easier to find on youtube than through a general search....

Back