Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Well, NO they can't.

I agree with you on 90% of your postings in general, but the new inverters accomplish much more.

Variable freq. TIG, adjustments out the wazzoo, etc.
    I'm not bashing inverters at all. I'm saying they are just flat built cheap and shitty and not at all to be repaired.

Just because it's an inverter doesn't mean you can't engineer it to be serviceable. Don't just stuff a bunch of surface mount shit on a board and pot in epoxy and call it a "module" then obsolete it in 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You know what is super awesome about being alive in 2019... you can go buy a brand new dynasty, and keep your Syncrowave and have your old AB/BF out in the very back of the shed. Like it or not the new inverters, mig or tig can do some wild stuff... some of the best of the best guys I know of have let go of all the old stuff in favor of the new tech. I have seen a few Aerowave's for sale, that was the holy grail years back, always the same, bought a Dynasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    You know what is super awesome about being alive in 2019... you can go buy a brand new dynasty, and keep your Syncrowave and have your old AB/BF out in the very back of the shed. Like it or not the new inverters, mig or tig can do some wild stuff... some of the best of the best guys I know of have let go of all the old stuff in favor of the new tech. I have seen a few Aerowave's for sale, that was the holy grail years back, always the same, bought a Dynasty.
    Dynasty's are terrific and I would recommend one for anyone who welds for a living. That said, the shops that I've seen are using them (or similar Lincolns) and keeping them on contract for repair. If they lose a PC board when under contract or warranty, you can get it fixed, maybe even get a loaner for the down time.

If you have an older Dynasty and it coughs a PC board, you are looking at a minimum of $1,000 to $1,200 for another one and that may not even be the problem.

For the record, I'm hobby welder with a Syncrowave 200. I've got the money to buy a Dynasty but if it breaks after warranty, I'd choke so what I have is good enough. LOL.