What's new
What's new

Copper plate suppliers

TFPace

Stainless
Can you guys point me to vendors you are using on copper.

I'm quoting a job using 3/8". Farmer's in Texas is all I'm finding out side of the online guys.

Buss bars... is the end product

Thanks,

Tom

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I've designed and built quite a few busbar systems over the years. I use Copper and Brass Sales (Thyssenkrupp), or Williams Metals for C11000 ETP. I deal with Williams Metals in St. Louis since they're closest, but they have other locations. In my experience, both seem to be comparable price and service-wise.

Lots of people call it "buss" for some reason. The correct term is actually "bus", or "busbar". I think "buss" probably comes from Bussman fuses, and people relate to that when discussing busbars? Anyway, it doesn't really matter what you call it if people catch your drift... just thought I'd point it out.

copper alloys are never cheap, and the prices seem to follow global prices.
Which means its pretty rare to find big price differences between suppliers once you get into decent quantities.
Since there are so many alloys, many different companies specialize, as well- so I may get square bars of Naval Bronze from Thyssen, but Silicon Bronze plate from somebody else.
And there has been a fair amount of consolidation in this field in the last ten years- a bunch of old timer companies are either gone, or bought by somebody else.

My go to guys have been:
thyssenkrupp Materials NA
Silicon bronze, Copper, brass, aluminum, stainless steel, tin, lead and zinc | Atlas Metal Sales
Alaskan Copper & Brass-Home
Rotax Metals: Your One-Stop Shop for First-Rate Copper Alloy Supplies
Specialty Metals Supplier & Manufacturer | Aviva Metals
https://www.industrial-metals.com/index.php
https://www.samuel.com/en/Products/Pages/Brass-Copper.aspx

ps- copper and brass sales got bought by ThyssenKrupp in 1997. Gotta stay sharp to keep up with the changes, eh?

Back