What's new
What's new

Detailed TIG Welding Info...AC...Pulser...Tungsten Alloy

SLOEIT

Cast Iron
Hey all,

I am wondering if there is a book which would provide detailed theory and operation of TIG welding operations including the use of a pulser, variable AC frequency...and basically anything you can vary in the system.

I am not looking for a beginners manual...but something from middle to more advanced.

Thanks for any info!

Nick

Millers tig book is pretty good. You didnt get one with your machine?

Unfortunately I have found little hard data for settings. It comes down to experimentation and playing around with the controls. I have never used the pulser function though.

Some basic starting points are in this little handbook:

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/gtawbook.pdf

Macona...

Thats what I keep thinking, "I bet all this stuff is just determined by experimentation".

But seriously...theres gotta be some controlled studies, or SOMETHING, detailing what changes in AC frequency, pulsing, etc. do to the weld geometry...

All i seem to find are beginners books which are very topical, theres gotta be some theoretical out there!

nK

Lincoln Electric's GTAW manual covers pulser usage. Also, the online user manuals for Lincoln welders show the pinout arrangement for the pulser connector. Additionally, each model's manual shows the impressed waveform.

If you look at lincolnelectric.com site, you will see the Operators Manuals section. In there search for Square Wave 275. Look in that manual IM609.pdf for the 4-step process. Then look at the Pulser K1619-1 manual IM611.pdf for the actual control arrangement.

keith

Back