What's new
What's new

Di-Acro Punch Stripper Plate size

j c

Aluminum
I have a Di-Acro No. 1 punch with the stripper arms but it's missing the plates that hold the material down. Does anyone have a diagram of the size of those plates? I would cut them out on the water jet. I think it's probably 1/4 steel plate. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about attached.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 2.21.50 PM.jpg

The plates just need to fit the striper arm's bolt up location, we weld a couple 1/4"-20 nuts on the plates and then bolt them up. You want to size the center stripping hole based on what range of punch sizes you'll be using. We have several sized/shaped plates, also some of ours are .25" and some are just .125" thick. Thickness depends on what material you're punching, no need for .25" if you're punching something like 0.040" aluminum. I'll try to take some pics later today.

Thanks Gary. Good to know about the thickness of the plates. Yeah, I think .125 would be plenty for thinner material. I'm using mostly smaller hole punches, less than .75". Some pics would be great, thank you.

These photos are really helpful, thanks. That's a great solution to just weld on the bolt and have a hole in the center of the plate, then have a few sizes. I think I'll do just the same. Also, then you don't have to fiddle with two separate plates, just the one. Thanks again

You could also tap the plate, then loctite or weld in a threaded stud. That way the plate can lay flush under the arms and have more contact, and less flex maybe.

Back