What's new
What's new

Diacro #8 Bender Need Help

Brianison

Aluminum
Hi folks,
I recently acquired a Diacro Hydraulic bender that is currently fitted with the #6 (tubing) head, and clamps. I need to make the #8 (solid bar) head platter, and was hoping I might find someone who had one, that would be willing to take a sheet of paper, and make a pencil rubbing of the hole locations. It would save me a lot of guesswork, and I would be happy to compensate you for your trouble, and expenses.

#6 and #8 Diacro benders are the same except for the tooling. #6 tooling was for tubing, and the #8 was set up for solid bar work with a large round disc/latter with multiple holes for inserting pins in various places to do the bending, and clamping.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Well I took a picture of it. Sorry thats not what you asked for but I didn't have time at the time to disassemble it and rub. This one was previously abused and got rusty, now cleaned back up. It is at least case hardened, possibly thru-hardened from a tool steel. Need another week or two and I can get some more helpful info.

Matt,
thanks for responding. A week or two will be fine, I'm not in a huge hurry. Right now, I'm sorting a few hydraulic issues out with it, (fixing what was butchered up by a previous ownwer),and re-building, and repairing the quick lock clamps for the #6 head that's on it right now. I bought it for a tube job I have coming up, but I want to be able to do solid with it too.

For what I'm needing, you can just slide back the forming nose, and do the old paper, and Crayola ,or pencil trick with the plate on the machine. no need to take it off.Anything that gets me closer than just guessing would be a huge help.

While you're at it, could you get me rhe rough outside dimensions of the forming nose block. I could get pretty close going off of pictures, but it sure makes life easier to have actual dimensions.

I am planning to make one out of 1 1/4" tkick??? 4140 pre-hard brake die material, and see how long that lasts. I don't expect to be using it for thousands of parts, so hopefully that will work at least for a while.
I'll send you a private message w/my contact info. Once again, many many thanks for the help.

Hi Brian

I have the pencil rubbings of plate and 2 versions of the forming nose, will send them to you, check PMs. Sorry for being absent minded in the first message!

Plate is 1-3/16" thick x 13.9" OD.

If you compensated in reducing the forming nose height I don't think using 1-1/4" thick would be an issue at all.

-Matt

Back