What's new
What's new

Early Miller Dynasty 200 dx

Cyclotronguy

Stainless
I have an early Miller inverter machine that has been wonderful. It lives in a clean environment and in terms of arc time, very low hours. That said thousands of HF starts (GTAW tacks on thin sheet steel and thin wall tubing). I need to dress the points on the start circuit (yes it has points) I am not finding any spec for the gap.

I'm guessing 0.010" - 0.011" (0.2mm - 0.3mm) but I'd rather not guess. Anyone know the factory spec?

Can't answer that question but is there a chance you can take a different route and bump the start amps?

Crank the start amps to 15 for 90ms while keeping the min amps at 1-2. Just a little bump on the pedal will give a nice pop to get the arc going consistantly. The settings are under the nonsecret secret menu on the DX models.

Not sure if this helps, but I've heard people recommend sticking a piece of paper between the points during a HF start to clean them.

BTW

I did not clean or re-gap the points, no changes other than what "turnworks" suggested. The 200Dx went from 5 failed fires for every good one to 100% crisp clean starts running 3/32 tungsten clean grind and a small flat on the tip.

Back