What's new
What's new

Faulty Chinese FIBER Laser Source

RatchetHundreda

Plastic
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site, this is my first post. I was trying to find some place on the web where I may get some help from people who know what they are doing and joined here in the hope that I may find what I'm looking for. :)

We have a cheap Chinese FIBER q-switched marking machine at my workplace which just stopped working properly. It simply no longer marks uniformly and has a sort of "gradient" where the laser power ramps up before reaching max power. This is a huge problem for obvious reasons. After our first round of trying to find the cause we came to the conclusion that the problem must be with the laser source itself. We swapped the laser sources with one in another machine and the laser source does the same on the other machine too so it's an obvious case. The less obvious part is figuring out what could go wrong in these laser sources which would result in this behavior. I tried to troubleshoot it myself but to no avail. Google wasn't too friendly on the matter either. There's just so little info on how these things work exactly.

It would be nice if we would not have to buy a brand new laser source but fix it on the component level, but I understand it might be asking for too much.

Did anyone here encounter a similar problem perhaps? If not does anyone have some insight into what might be the cause?

Attached are some pictures of the insides of the laser source and some examples of the marking behavior.

Attachments

• IMG_20201117_102010.jpg
    IMG_20201117_102010.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20201120_112343.jpg
    IMG_20201120_112343.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20201117_153612.jpg
    IMG_20201117_153612.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site, this is my first post. I was trying to find some place on the web where I may get some help from people who know what they are doing and joined here in the hope that I may find what I'm looking for. :)

We have a cheap Chinese FIBER q-switched marking machine at my workplace which just stopped working properly. It simply no longer marks uniformly and has a sort of "gradient" where the laser power ramps up before reaching max power. This is a huge problem for obvious reasons. After our first round of trying to find the cause we came to the conclusion that the problem must be with the laser source itself. We swapped the laser sources with one in another machine and the laser source does the same on the other machine too so it's an obvious case. The less obvious part is figuring out what could go wrong in these laser sources which would result in this behavior. I tried to troubleshoot it myself but to no avail. Google wasn't too friendly on the matter either. There's just so little info on how these things work exactly.

It would be nice if we would not have to buy a brand new laser source but fix it on the component level, but I understand it might be asking for too much.

Did anyone here encounter a similar problem perhaps? If not does anyone have some insight into what might be the cause?

Attached are some pictures of the insides of the laser source and some examples of the marking behavior.

Almost looks like the head is not parallel to the deck or one of the galvo mirrors is damaged.

It might be possible to track down a damaged component but getting repair parts is difficult.

Almost looks like the head is not parallel to the deck or one of the galvo mirrors is damaged.

It might be possible to track down a damaged component but getting repair parts is difficult.

I'm pretty sure its not the deck, nor the galvo head because I attached the laser generator to a completely different and functioning head and it did the same with the good head too. I played around with the focus too and it's not that. The lens is healthy in the other head as well. I'm 99.9% sure the problem is within the laser generator.

I have a hunch that the laser board generates an analogue signal which controls the power output of the laser generator. If that's the case then that could be one fault. The other would be some sort of degradation or aging in the fiber cables. That would be the hardest to fix for me because I have no equipment at all to troubleshoot or repair fiber cables nor do I have the proper experience for it. I'm hoping maybe it's an electrical issue because that would be something which I can fix. Maybe the 100MHz oscillator or a capacitor somewhere, that sort of thing. If it's the q switch itself that would again be something which I have no idea how I could fix.

You don't know where you bought it ? And there's no markings on the machine at all ?

The machine is an old Han's Yueming laser marker. The laser generator in it is a q switched 50W Maxphotonics one. I'm pretty sure there's no warranty for it anymore if not for that fact that I tempered with it already. The machine is around 4+ years old anyways.

The machine is an old Han's Yueming laser marker.
No. 28 East Industrial Road,
Songshan Lake High-Tech Industrial Development Zone,
Dongguan,
Guangdong,China.

Email [email protected]
Phone 0086-188-269-50666

g-coder ! It's in dong guan ! Let's go help him get a part :D Last one to the Kornlake Klub is a rotten egg !

If you identify the part number and machine type/serial, we don't mind to call and see about a replacement.

Back