What's new
What's new

Front panel change Lincoln Invertec V205-T

partsproduction

Titanium
This one has me baffled, because I am not knowledgeable in electronics. I called Lincoln Electric and asked to buy a replacement front panel for my Tig welder, an accident with an oxy-acetyline torch bubbled the front panel up a bit, though everything still works.
The gentleman on the phone kindly sent me a front panel from a damaged machine, evidently for free since he never talked $.
But the panel has extra control buttons on it.
So I took the old panel loose and can see that the cables all seem the same though in different locations on the back of the board, you see the board has three levels separated by standoffs and the back two levels are full of electronic gizmoids.
On this page of the manual is my old panel, down just a bit. (Remote Control Connection - Lincoln Electric INVERTEC V205-T Operator's Manual [Page 8] | ManualsLib)
On THIS manual (https://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/servicenavigator-public/lincoln3/IM937.pdf) about half way down on the left side is the new panel, which has about 4 new control options.
I'm wondering, since the connections are the same, if I'll be doing any damage by hooking up the new panel?
Is it possible that the new features will work, or more importantly, will it hurt my welder?
Thanks,
parts

That was very kind of Lincoln Electric to provide you with a take off controller board.
There are two versions of the V-205 a strictly DC unit and an AC/DC unit, that do use different display units.
The display controller feeds into the interconnect unit, its truly a guess but I don't think you can mix the different displays. I believe this is a good question for the techs over at Lincoln in regards to the compatibility of the different controllers.
Sorry it's not the answer your looking for.

Thank you Dana,
I sent this post including your answer to a helpful welding supply clerk, an old timer, and gave him the code of my welder. He said he'd contact Lincoln and ask them.
On my welder to run negative you just change the torch lead plug and vise versa the ground.
One difference is "Soft rod" for stick welding I gather, which I admit to never have heard of a special current for a certain soft rod. I could easily go the rest of my life without the option as I haven't used a stick welder since I discovered Mig many years ago, and Tig made it even less likely for me to need it.
Anyway, I do like this inverter welder a lot, enough to change to front panel so it looks good again. :)
Thanks again,
parts

Anyway, I do like this inverter welder a lot, enough to change to front panel so it looks good again. :)
Thanks again,
parts

I like my 160t a lot as well. I once asked in this forum why Invertec's arent ever talked about and the reply was- because they work. :)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Back