What's new
What's new

Geka Bendicrop 50

klemchuk

Aluminum
Having strange electrical problems with my machine.
First foot pedal seemed to be functioning intermittently.
Second I manually tripped the breaker in my wall panel after which motor won't turn on even though there is power to the control panel.

Anyone have a thought as to what may be wrong. Local dealer says they don't service many machines so may not be able to help.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

First thing I would check is the stops on the hydraulics- that is something that has happened to my Geka. If the set screws on the stops come loose, it may go too far, and cause a fuse to blow.
Obviously, check all the fuses inside the control panel as well.
My experience with my Geka is the electrical controls are seldom the problem- I have had no issues with them- its always been loose connections, or the stops slipping and thus making the motor work to hard and trip its oveheat breaker.

Thanks Ries
Do you know of a reset or are there just fuses?
I know about the stops and they didn't slip, this just went sideways in the middle of a job that was going really well.

My Bendicrop 50 had fuses and I switched them out for DIN mounted circuit breakers when I was trying to track down a shorted solenoid. $9-10 bucks a fuse gets expensive fast. Other than Ries's comments on the stops I would certainly contact Comeq, they put me in touch with Ryan, Geka's USA service tech, he was really fantastic in helping me through our solenoid trouble. I've never tripped the main breaker to the machine. I have been told the pedals can be trouble, disconnecting the pedal was the first diagnostic step they recommended I try to narrow down my problem.

Thanks for all the useful information. I broke down and called the firm I bought the machine from and they put me in touch with a really great service tech. It took him about an hour to find the Oh Shit switch in the foot pedal needed adjusting so it would stop fighting with the down limit switch. Thanks again!!!!

Its actually somewhat good news that it was just a switch. My experience has been wires and switches and fuses, at most. Gekas are built well. Maybe not as bulletproof as a mechanical buffalo, but pretty tough.

Back