What's new
What's new

Sqaurewave 255 reasonable price?

Fredson

Plastic
Looking at getting a Tig machine for occasional use. There's a lincoln squarewave 255 that looks in good condition for sale near me for $1300, is that a reasonable ball park or should I keep looking? Also open to recommendations in the $1000 range for new or used. Thanks

For $1000 you should be able to get a COMPLETE set up. tig torch, stick leads, spare collets and tungstens, misc rods both stick and tig, gas bottle and water cooler. Everything needed to do welding. It what you are looking this complete? Transformer machines are not worth much without all the extras- couple hundred or so. Do those lincolns have some kind of touch pad instead of dials and switches?

It has leads for stick, air cooled and water-cooled torches, foot pedal. Seller dosen't state consumables or gas bottle so I'd assume not included. It does have touch pad buttons for control.

Here in Phoenix $1500 - 2300 depending on condition -bottle and extras. Only $1000 TIG machines seen around here are either giant old ones or 3 phase.

Yeah, I know I'm going to be spending some cash regardless but don't want to go too nuts as at this point just getting one to learn and for the occasional project. I'm in Denver areas, and the price seemed online with others listed here.

Back