What's new
What's new

Has the DIY CNC plasma table advanced any in 5 years?

snowman

Diamond
Used to run a samson 5x10 from plasmacam. It was pretty close to a DIY kit in terms of quality.

Just curious if the actual DIY controllers have advanced much. I have plenty of motion control supplies to throw together a table that moves under control, but it would be without any torch height control.

The ethernet smoothstepper with the TMC 3in1 THC is a pretty powerful combo for $600. Check out warp9 tech design for more info.

Sent via CNC 88HS

Torch height control has improved a lot over the years. Or at least people realize it's worth including now.

Torch height control has improved a lot over the years. Or at least people realize it's worth including now.

I was surprised how much my slag removal was reduced when going from a shitty THC to high-end consumer grade (bit of an oxymoron) THC. But, the new THC reacts so fast your anti-dive had better be setup properly.

So you are using that hardware with Mach4?
Happy with it's performance then?

Yes and yes. I've only run one project with it, but cut quality was much better. I still haven't figured out how these guys are getting crazy high feeds, but I need to dial it in more.

Mach4 is OK, sheetcam kinda sucks....but as a package it works pretty well.

Back