What's new
What's new

Help ID Wire Feed MIG (?) Gun Tips

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
I have a bag of these that were rolling around the bottom of our welding tool box. They all look new and I THINK they are MIG welder gun tips, but they don't match anything I've ever seen and I can't find anything Googling...

20201016_103510 (1).jpg

Most are solid copper, 1/2" Hex Stock, 1 1/2" overall length, however two are brass with a copper center. The solid copper ones have "035" stamped on one side (what leads me to think they are MIG wire feed related) as well as a small squiggle that looks like an outline of Ohio (too small for my tablet camera to get). The brass ones have "926739-3-045" stamped on one side. They all have a 3/8" course female thread on the back.

Any idea what they go to? We have a Miller MIG set-up. They might be leftover from an old gun assembly or some other welder that was in the shop before I was.

1/2 " hex stock ?? !!

Might be something at the wire feeder, the guides right up close to the rollers.

Our unit's a Miller S-22A, and they don't match anything on either end of the wire on it. Everything I google for other makes looks like it's the same design.

Might be it was for any number of other wirefeeders, not just Miller.

Might be it was for any number of other wirefeeders, not just Miller.

Agree'd. It just appears from my searches that all the other brands are the same or similar design to our Miller. They all appear to use smaller aprox. 1/4" diameter tips with a male thread on the back.

For these tips, I'd imagine that the nozzle would need to be a bit bigger to fit over them....

I have not seen everything, but in 50 years of welding, I have never seen a Mig tip with female threads. My vote is for a gas application, but would be interested to see the outcome!

Back