What's new
What's new

Help needed pricing welding equipment

DennyReagan

Aluminum
I have some welding equipment that I plan to sell, but I have no idea what to price it at. I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me some help on this. I've got 2 P&H 400 AMP Tig Machines, a Millermatic Challenger 172, an Esab wire feeder, a Thermal Dynamics Pak 10 and a Pak 10XR Plasma Cutters, a P&H 300CVVS constant current welder, motor generator type. I've also got something like 30 or 40 spools of welding wire.

I planned to open up a welding and machine shop when I retired, to supplement my income. Unfortunately, I developed Parkinson's disease, which rather puts welding right out of the park.
Again, I'd appreciate any help on pricing that you guys could give me. Thanks

Maybe 500 to 700 on the old tig machines if they are single phase if they are three phase scrap. 350 to 400 for the MM172, 200 to 300 for the feeder depending on what it is. Pak 10 and 10XR are three phase only believe. Basically scrap value. same with the motor generator.

3 phase equipment is hard to move on the open market.

I have an old Hypertherm Max80 plasma sitting at work. Works fine but I will probably end up scrapping it since it is 3 phase.

The wire is also scrap. Almost no one will buy old wire.

Yep it is.

Why transformer?

I get maybe 1 inverter a year that blows up. I would say thats pretty darn reliable. But the Max80 is 100% duty cycle at full amperage so it would be good for a plasma table.

This sucker is about 3'x3'x4' tall.

Thanks for the information. The Tiqs are single phase so thats something. They have water cooling, pre- and post-purge and timed weld. Here is a picture of one of them: Tiq Machine It's a pretty hefty machine.
The Esab wire feeder is called a "MobileMaster". The model number is 2CVCC. I think its called a suitcase feeder.
The motors and generators in some of this stuff weigh a ton. With the price of copper nowadays there might be a few bucks there. It would be a shame to scrap the things if they are still good, though.

Welder repair shop buddy told me to find a transformer based plasma for higher reliability and I believe it. About a 60 amp DC Miller plasma machine would suit me fine. I still have that ESAB PCM 875 that I've yet to fix.

Denny those good ole Tig machines might do well in your local papers classifieds.

With a water cooler you might be able get about a grand if you lucky.

The feeder may get $1000 or a little more. Portable feeders a popular since you can run them off a stick machine.

Craigslist would be a good place to list them. Be sure you mention welding aluminum in the ad and wire welding with a stick machine in the feeder ad.

JL, Inverters have come a long way since your 875! When inverters come in it is for user error like bad consumables or they melt their torch leads with the torch. Maybe 1 out of 50 actually need a real repair.

Thanks for the help, guys. It is appreciated.

I got the feeder when I got the Tig machines. I figured between the two I could do any welding that came my way. I had just bought the Millermatic 172 new about a week before. I only used it for about 15 minutes! Then the deal on the Tig's and the feeder came through and I haven't used it since.

Back