What's new
What's new

how to find contracts or work to run on cnc plasma table

rynosmetal

Plastic
i have a cnc plasma table, have been doing it on the side and fun stuff, wanting to do more work. is there a website or way to get a contract or bid on jobs anywhere?

well you sort of answered your own question you could build yourself a website stating your capabilities and where you are located.
other than that advertising in the local paper, radio ads, ringing the local fabricators, word of mouth but thats a bit harder to get going.

edit there is one more letter drops to mailboxes in the area may work also.

Last edited:
You can't compete with anyone on a real deal "contract" job... any kind of volume is being run on an automated pallet loading laser, and they can often cut the parts for what you are going to pay for the materials, sometimes less. These are places that are buying from the mill in semi truck load volumes.

That said... there are people out there who need onesie twosie things and hobby guys so all is not lost. Although you will probably make more if you design and build something.

Welding Cart Kits | All-a-cart

Here is a perfect example of a guy who has turned out a really nice product with a CNC table in his garage.

i have a cnc plasma table, have been doing it on the side and fun stuff, wanting to do more work. is there a website or way to get a contract or bid on jobs anywhere?

CNC PLASMA is how I got my start in manufacturing. It started with metal art then I started getting commercial customers. Talk to any of the local fab shops or fence/railing contractors. I would cut out tabs, mounting plates, stair treads, house numbers and logos. I've always welded so my local weld supply house knew me pretty well and started telling me about companies that needed parts cut. I'd go to the company and introduce myself and ask them if I could cut them some sample parts. The bigger companies are looking for quality, repeatability, and obviously cost savings from their existing process style. We started cutting parts for a company which then started getting us their weldments on the parts we were cutting and just kept growing from there.

Back