UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Oopsie.

You need to hire, as in, pay for a real electrician.
    Now where's the fun in that?

Looking at options to get the power I need. There's 3-phase right at the street but that still might be cost prohibitive. The deal I got on this and another machine basically make this free so I'm not sweating it too much.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I run a 6.5hp press brake, very similar to what you have (only larger), from a phase converter built from a 10hp motor.

A rotary phase converter is what you need. Whether you build one or buy one depends on your skill level.

Due to the flange face of the motor and the way it mounts to the pump will make it difficult and expensive to replace it with a single phase motor.

The motor is fine. I would be surprised if you damaged it.

3. Likes Archer322 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Strostkovy View Post
    I run a 6.5hp press brake, very similar to what you have (only larger), from a phase converter built from a 10hp motor.

A rotary phase converter is what you need. Whether you build one or buy one depends on your skill level.

Due to the flange face of the motor and the way it mounts to the pump will make it difficult and expensive to replace it with a single phase motor.

The motor is fine. I would be surprised if you damaged it.
    Looking at the AR ADX-10 and ADX-15. At 4.8kW this motor is just under 6.5 HP, and it's a small brake, compared to yours. I'm thinking the -10 is the way to go.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer322 View Post
    Looking at the AR ADX-10 and ADX-15. At 4.8kW this motor is just under 6.5 HP, and it's a small brake, compared to yours. I'm thinking the -10 is the way to go.
    It's weird to me that such a small brake has such a big motor. What is the tonnage on it? Mine is 70 ton and the travel and bending speed are plenty fast.

I'm 90% sure the ADX-10 would be fine but you should call American Rotary and explain what you have.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Strostkovy View Post
    It's weird to me that such a small brake has such a big motor. What is the tonnage on it? Mine is 70 ton and the travel and bending speed are plenty fast.

I'm 90% sure the ADX-10 would be fine but you should call American Rotary and explain what you have.
    This is a 17.5 ton according to the plate. It also says max load 19.7 amps. So it seems to be using most of the 4.8kW the motor states.

AR recommended the ADX-15.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, it would be better you have reach out to a trusted lifting equipment supplier as not only they offer wide range of high-quality lifting equipment products but also provide you the access to their technical expertise who can guide you about the lifting equipment when you stuck or have issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garrethenry View Post
    Hi, it would be better you have reach out to a trusted lifting equipment supplier as not only they offer wide range of high-quality lifting equipment products but also provide you the access to their technical expertise who can guide you about the lifting equipment when you stuck or have issues.

You're a spammer, and you're spamming on the WRONG THREAD. Whoever hired you to spam for bishop lifting equipment should probably rethink that decision, as you're only hurting their business.

Bishop lifting equipment doesn't understand SEO. Bishop lifting equipment doesn't get that everybody HATES spammers. Bishop lifting equipment should probably not spam anymore.