What's new
What's new

is hypertherm out of business?

they don't have new production. said 10 weeks for a machine? but not sure.... called wuflu as the
culprit. i call bs. nonsense.

you make the best plasma machine , why ruin a good thing.

Lot's of electronic components in them, the big 3 are having similar problems.

they don't have new production. said 10 weeks for a machine? but not sure.... called wuflu as the
culprit. i call bs. nonsense.

you make the best plasma machine , why ruin a good thing.

Definitely not out of business they have been and still are the best plasma on the market. They were able to keep up with production up till around December and then production started to slip. Mine was destroyed in transit and the replacement was built from parts and shipped the same day it was ordered which is pretty awesome in my opinion. After I got mine I called customer service to clarify some tings and had a nice chat. The technician openly admitted they had been able to keep up with orders thru 2020 but were starting to have component supply issues that were impacting production. Not sure why you think they've ruined a good thing.

They could doo like their neighbor Thermal Dynamics did.....farm out the production to China...:skep:

I spoke to them last week about troubleshooting my plasma machine. It might need a new board and he told me it was in stock, if I wanted a new machine it had a couple month lead time. I orderd a Igbt tester since crocodile dundee was not available and need to do a little more troubleshooting on it to narrow it down.

So the chips, components and boards they buy in the USA for their USA made machines are in short supply? Why is that?
Or they are having trouble getting chips/components from China........for their proudly MADE IN USA machines?

With the thousands of parts in the machine, no one can make a 100% USofA built machine.

So the chips, components and boards they buy in the USA for their USA made machines are in short supply? Why is that?
Or they are having trouble getting chips/components from China........for their proudly MADE IN USA machines?

You can't make anything that uses basic electronic components from 100% usa sourced parts. We don't make that stuff.

Yea, I know.
Somebody outta 'splain that to the red neck buy 'merica crowd that won't touch the china tools.......but they shop at walmart, watch a china big screen TV and wear clothes made over there as well. Oh, and use welders, plasma cutters, power tools, and CNC machines that all use components made in China, if not fully produced there.

With the thousands of parts in the machine, no one can make a 100% USofA built machine.

I'm on a waiting list for a Honda side by side ATV, a PC for my wife, and a mountain bike for myself. All pretty expensive stuff, and all of it backordered with no firm estimate of when I might be able to get any of it.

Back