What's new
What's new

Hypertherm Wont go over 50PSI

FishTaco

Aluminum
We have a HPR260XD at work and it cuts great, but we cant get the auto gas pressure to come up over 50 psi at the head. The regulator just wont go any higher even if we have the parameter set to 70psi in the machine the torch pressure wont go over 50 psi and as a result when cutting 1" + plate it isn't cleaning up as nicely as it should. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to get the torch pressure up?

If you havent tried it yet, post the ? on weldingweb they have a hypertherm section towards the bottom of the page. There is a guy who hangs out there(jim colt) who works at Hytherm and is usually quite helpful. Or.....
You could call them Monday morning. Everything that I have heard about their cusomer service has been positive.

Morning all.
New guy to the forum here !
I apologize I had to wait for activation but am good to go now.

Is your XD system a AUTO GAS or MANUAL Gas system?
In other words do you adjust your gas pressures on the gas console using 4 knobs or do you just send the cut charts through the CNC?
This will decided how we approach the problem you're having.

I'm guessing you're cutting 1" A-36?
What cut process are you using? O2/Air
Amperage? 200 or 260?
Assuming your low gas is the shield gas?

Any other details you can give would be great.
It sounds like we may have a major gas leak somewhere aside from possible low pressure from your supply.

Morning all.
New guy to the forum here !
I apologize I had to wait for activation but am good to go now.

Is your XD system a AUTO GAS or MANUAL Gas system?
In other words do you adjust your gas pressures on the gas console using 4 knobs or do you just send the cut charts through the CNC?
This will decided how we approach the problem you're having.

I'm guessing you're cutting 1" A-36?
What cut process are you using? O2/Air
Amperage? 200 or 260?
Assuming your low gas is the shield gas?

Any other details you can give would be great.
It sounds like we may have a major gas leak somewhere aside from possible low pressure from your supply.

It is Auto Gas With the cut charts, 44W or steel 260 amps and O2/air is the shield gas.

I would begin checking right from the supply and work your way forward.
If you want to dig right into it, in the back of your manual there is a gas schematic also.

1. What is the O2 and most importantly the Air regulator reading when the machine is doing it's power on self test(testing preflow and cutflow)?
Regulators are best set to 115 psi dynamic(with gas flowing)

2. How is your air quality? All the valving in the autogas can corrode and stick if you're not supplying clean dry air.

3. Have you tried another process like 30 or 50amp O2/O2 or 45, or 130amp N2/N2? This will tell you right out of the gate if you're air supply is the problem or not...

Secondly...are you getting any errors on your CNC ?
A error number or statement saying low gas pressure or anything?

I hope this helps, if you're still having troubles I would give Hypertherm support a call at 800-643-9878 and we should be able to fix you right up.

Good luck and hope you get her going.

As mentioned, go to Welding Web and post your question there. Jim Colt, a Hypertherm employee is a regular who is extremely knowledgeable and quite willing to help. I am sure he can assist you.

Joe

I didn't make a call yesterday but possibly my boss did, were a bit bust right at the moment. Cutting anything less then 1" plate looks fabulous wicked straight and fast! I have to take a look at the valves tomorrow.

Quisman is one of Hypertherm's top notch tech service guys.....he is one that answers the phone when you call in with Hypertherm issues. The original poster is in good hands!

Jim Colt

Back