What's new
What's new

INC492-5.2 Welding Standard/Code?!

reidhardy

Plastic
I have a print that states "WELDING PROCESS ACCORDING TO INC492-5.2". Maybe I suck at google, but I cannot find anything referencing this welding code. Print originates from Spain if that helps anyone. The part is for a large company so there is a chance that this is an internal standard or process they have developed, but I don't want to reach out until I know this isn't something I could find elsewhere.
Does anyone know/ or is familiar with this code? If someone can let me know what the name of the organization/society that publishes it, I should be able to take it from there.
I'm going to continue to research this, so if I find anything myself I will comment below.
Thank you guys!

Seeing that this post has received 85 views and no reply, I have reached out to the company to get more information on this standard. Hopefully it is something specific to their business, b/c I have searched every standardization body I can find in America, Europe, and Spain specifically, research every relevant term in Spanish with region set exclusively to Spain, and have not found anything. Only thing that seemed like a slight lead was the El Instituto Nacional de las Cualificaciones (INCUAL), which is some technical body for vocational training in Spain. If their specification this hard to find than they shouldn't be offended by me asking for more information.
I'll let ya'll know what I find out once they get back with me.

Yep, company finally got back to me. It's an internal document that tells you to reference a bunch of EN ISO welding standards for each different kind of material.

Back