What's new
What's new

Jet Corner Notcher tool gloat...

Now I gotta find, adapt, or build a stand for it...

If you bolt it to a workbench, the table makes a very handy and very useful raised workench top extension. Just sayin'. :)

edit - and a little sheetmetal chute will guide all your scraps to a bin on the shelf under the bench.

I've got a welding table I'm thinking of mating it to. But I'd like to make it easily removable so it won't be in the way of large/long pieces. Dunno, the trailer hitch receiver thing seems a bit hoakey...but something like that might work.

If you bolt it to a workbench, the table makes a very handy and very useful raised workench top extension. Just sayin'. :)
edit - and a little sheetmetal chute will guide all your scraps to a bin on the shelf under the bench.

My corner notcher came with the factory stand:
b430754d89eebc2ba6c232e00720cde9.jpg

For a little more than $75...

If it hadn’t had the stand, I would make another one of these:
4923e99cc0cce5868d333a3ebb29a8fb.jpg

2e8d56b544646d79d68d21c7127f4c7e.jpg

92d485395ac8ecbf38140479f8bc5c00.jpg

Making it so the platen of the notcher is the same height as your main bench means you can expand the table as needed and put the notcher somewhere else when you don’t need it.

These stands come out of material I always seem to have short lengths of, I fill the 4x4” tube with sand before welding the top plate on and they’re solid enough to wrench on, but move around easily with a hand truck. For me personally, I want me table to be nothing more than a straight and flat surface with the barest means to support above said. In my experience, adding things like vices, etc. just makes me curse whenever the added bit is in the way. Instead I built stands or skids at a height to allow the machine on them to compliment and be complimented by the table. None of it will ever be dead-even/level, but all of my welding tables can also function as in/outfeed tables for the shear, break, notcher and table saw as well as are close enough to the arbor press, vice, pipe-vice, tubing-notcher, etc to work alongside them easily. The tables sit a bit below all of the other tools and it’s not hard to shim either material or table up to the tool when needed.

Be safe

Jeremy

A notcher like that it probably the last sheet metal tool I'm needing. They seem to be hard to find around here.

Slightly different use for one:

I worked at a place where I used one to clip little triangle drains in the ends of aluminum tube before welding together. 1000's.

When it went through the washer line in the powder coat system it allowed the liquid to drain out.

I got one of these recently too, think I paid $50. Mine is a die, so it can go on a shelf until it's needed, then I just stick it under the arbor press to use it. I mostly use it for a shear too.

I never used a manual one, but a corner notch is really handy when it's on a stand that can float out in the middle of a work area when you need it.

I'd say you got a deal. I'd have bought it for that in a heartbeat.

Back