What's new
What's new

Lincoln 210 MP wire feed welder. Anybody got one?

Ultradog MN

Cast Iron
I'm an old stick man.
Don't care much for these blankety blank squirt guns - though I am learning to use this thing.
Anybody have one of these welders?
I can't figure out how to make it work on stick.
I'm sure it is simple but can't figure it out.
Gotta reach about 6" into a hole to tack something. Mig gun won't fit in there.
Have been through all the options on the screen a dozen times and can't figure it out. Keeps saying output is off.

20210620_120506.jpg
20210620_122142.jpg

Never used one either. I’m not a big fan of multiprocess machines.

That said, my guess is gonna be that there’s a menu somewhere that swaps from switched to open-circuit to allow for stick welding. Chances are the machine is primarily a MIG power source that will also TIG… since it will also TIG it should do stick as well.

If you’ve used it as a TIG welder before the easiest solution might be to do whatever you’ve done to TIG in the past, but swap your electrode holder for the TIG torch and use the TIG foot control to start the arc.

It’s possible there’s also a scratch-start/non-HF start option in the TIG settings that will get the machine to function more like a basic stick power source.

Be safe

Jeremy

I'm an old stick man.
Don't care much for these blankety blank squirt guns - though I am learning to use this thing.
Anybody have one of these welders?
I can't figure out how to make it work on stick.
I'm sure it is simple but can't figure it out.
Gotta reach about 6" into a hole to tack something. Mig gun won't fit in there.
Have been through all the options on the screen a dozen times and can't figure it out. Keeps saying output is off.

View attachment 323269
View attachment 323270

Somewhere in my shop is a MIG gun with a 4' extension, for times like this.

push the right side button, it prevents you from turning it on live when you dont want it to be and welding by its self.

Thanks. I think it wants me to select the polarity if the electride but I don't see a right side button.
You can see the face of the welder in my post above. None of those buttons and knobs get me there.

Thanks. I didn't think to look on youtube. Duh.
I got it done. Took the coward's way out and bought a welder I had been watching at an auction.
I wired it up, bought some cable ends that fit and made a pass with some 1/8" 7018. Bead is a little cold but I can tweak that. At least I don't need to watch youtube videos to run it.20210626_033742.jpg20210626_033435.jpg

Attachments

• 20210625_132341.jpg
    20210625_132341.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
That's one way to fix the problem....I have not seen that model of Century welder.

Not a lot of info on them. From what I've been able to gather Twentieth Century became just Century in the early/mid 1970s. Then they were bought out by Lincoln in 2004 or there abouts. I called Lincoln tech support and the guy acknoledged owning the brand he knew little more than that about them.

Back