What's new
What's new

Lincoln 256 Error / Circuit Board

csharp

Stainless
Hello,
I have a Lincoln 256. I run it on 208 single phase. I have had it for about 3 years. We use it very rarely, as in still on original spool of wire.

We have 3 phase a the shop and have had several issues this summer with dropping a single phase of power. I am not sure if this is what caused the issue but when I turn it on the wire feed and volts readings really start to fluctuate and then I get an error HI LN1.

I was told the board needed replaced. Is this something that can be easily done or is there a calibration after installed?

IMG_2425.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
I had one of those and grew to hate it and Lincoln customer service with a burning passion.

When I bought mine a couple years ago it came with a warranty that sounded really good. It was 2-3 years or something. If you still have a warranty see if you can get Lincoln to just take it back. If they take it in for service you might not see it for 6 months.

I had one of those and grew to hate it and Lincoln customer service with a burning passion.

When I bought mine a couple years ago it came with a warranty that sounded really good. It was 2-3 years or something. If you still have a warranty see if you can get Lincoln to just take it back. If they take it in for service you might not see it for 6 months.

Its out of warranty.

I spoke with a certified repair guy and he said it was easy and he would walk me thru it. I hope it is an easy task.

Back