What's new
What's new

Lincoln Electric Power MIG 350MP Multi-Process Welder Model# K2403-2 with a

CRJarvis

Plastic
MK Python push pull system set up on this welder
not sure if you have seen this Welder in action but it seems to be able to do it all.

29811_4_2000x2000.jpg

Mig Welding Aluminum - Lincoln PowerMig 35mp part1 - YouTube

Lincoln PowerMig 35 mp
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200588088_200588088
Python MIG Welding Gun | MK Products | Cobra Welding The Price on this is Crazy but looks like it's worth it.

Im not a fan of multi process machines, i know the inverter based tech makes it easier to do, but one goes down and your no longer welding, much much nicer to have at least a seperate MIG and TIG. Equally it does not appear to do AC TIG?? Hence no TIGing aluminum bits? Equally lift arc tig aint exactly the nicest of tig options.

As to that torch, yeah great if you need it, but sure looks big and clumsy if your not working on large stuff most of the time. With MIG in my experience (done 0 aluminum with MIG) its nice having 2 different torches, a nice light get into little brackets and then a nice big ugly thing that stays nice and cool even when your running the plant flat out hard facing with large wires.

Multi process plants at least all i have come across never seam to be as common as there one trick pony siblings, have encountered more than a few over here but there rare and often in use setup for just one of there functions.

One of my customers got the new miller 280 dynasty with mig capacity. They use the 8vs I believe, I can't remember. They said they really like it but they haven't had it long enough for me to accept an opinion. It's only been say 2 months with little hours on it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

The first one of the multi process machines that I recall was the PowCon machines.

IIRC they had a couple of different wire feeders, and got in with Cobrmatic
to offer a push/pull suticase feeder.

As to that torch, yeah great if you need it, but sure looks big and clumsy if your not working on large stuff most of the time. With MIG in my experience (done 0 aluminum with MIG) its nice having 2 different torches, a nice light get into little brackets and then a nice big ugly thing that stays nice and cool even when your running the plant flat out hard facing with large wires.

I weld quite a bit of aluminum with MIG (profile pulse typically, so I cheat) and that gun pretty much is as small as it can be. They are by necessity bulky, even though you pretty much always wish it was smaller.

Also aluminum parts get stupid hot way faster than steel, especially on small parts, so if you like to brace the gun with your other hand the extra size works in your favor. Otherwise your hand must be so close it's resting on a very hot section of the part.

^Spose if aluminum fab is what your buying it for that would make sense, but at least over here around these parts, 95%+ of heavy mig is steel.

Not knocking that torch if you want to do push - pull alu with mig, just there's no way i would want to be using a torch like that on 90% of what i have been around welding on in steel, its just big and clumsy and i use to get real good use out of a 600amp air cooled burnard torch. Heavy heat reflective gloves were the norm and you don't want to be propping on the work ever even on steel north of 300 amps! I can well believe its a lot worse with alu too!

Multi process machines have been around a long time, think they came out in the 70's, talking a giant thing the size of a american style fridge, full tig, mig and stick all rolled into one.

^Spose if aluminum fab is what your buying it for that would make sense, but at least over here around these parts, 95%+ of heavy mig is steel.

Not knocking that torch if you want to do push - pull alu with mig, just there's no way i would want to be using a torch like that on 90% of what i have been around welding on in steel, its just big and clumsy and i use to get real good use out of a 600amp air cooled burnard torch. Heavy heat reflective gloves were the norm and you don't want to be propping on the work ever even on steel north of 300 amps! I can well believe its a lot worse with alu too!

Multi process machines have been around a long time, think they came out in the 70's, talking a giant thing the size of a american style fridge, full tig, mig and stick all rolled into one.

Oh yeah, there is no reason to use a gun like that on steel. You would want a larger gun, as if you were welding steel at higher amps, but nothing as heavy and bulky as you are stuck with if you want to put aluminum together quickly.

Back