What's new
What's new

Lincoln Pro-mig welders

mjk

Titanium
In Delaware Lowes is updating their Lincoln mig welders to the new models. Current floor stock and displays showed up in the clearance table.
These are the T models, not an endorsment, just passing on info for those who would want to know.
mike

Be careful with these machine. The drive mechanism is even worse than the normal lincoln machines.

There are two major differences between a home depot/lowes machine and one you get from the weld shop. No gas valve and a much cheaper drive assy with plastic gearbox and a tiny motor.

Yep, they are set up to run gasless flux core wire only. Then if you want to run gas later they sell you a gas kit consisting of the gas valve, a couple wires, plastic tubing, and a flow guage. All for about $150.

The 135and 175 come with them.
I had bought a 135 a couple of years ago. It came with the "flow" valve regulator. It was ready for mig w/gas out of the box. The 135 is a 110 volt machine. Since most of my work was limited to 10-15 minutes,the low duty cycle wasn't a big issue. Lowes had the floor display 175 in clearance (just the machine) and I got that for $200.00. The gun, work lead and regulator are the same.
I'll keep the 135 as my backup.

Ah. I have never seen a 135 or 175 at lowes. Always the HD series. The 220 versions usually have has valves but the 110 versions are gasless.

Duty cycle is rarely a problem. I know of full size fab shops that use these in production welding aluminum.

Back