What's new
What's new

Linde CM-40 Manual?

Clews Machining

Aluminum
I just acquired a Linde CM-40 OxyFuel optical tracer that appears to be in complete working order, but before I get too far with the setup I'd like to either take a look at a manual, or at least see pictures of someone else's setup to make sure I'm not missing anything major. Eventually I'm thinking of converting it to CNC, but until then I plan on setting it up as is (assuming it works) and simply using it as a tracer. Any insight is appreciated.

Ethan

Good machine, you may have trouble getting parts for linde torch. I will send you the name of the company we use. for machine parts and manuals. You must use black printers ink, black felt pins are blue.
I keep five machine running for the last ten years.
pm me if I can assist you.
The manuals cost about $25

The two torches that came with it are Oxweld C-58-3 torches. Apparently they still produce these, so hopefully tips and the like won't be too big of a deal to come by.

I've been trying a few patterns printed on a laser printer (as well as sharpie and black paint marker) and they all seem to work equally as well (or bad as the case may be. The head seems to be hypersensitive to how close the pattern is to the eye. There is a sticker on the eye that states the pattern should be 1.5" away from the the mark, but I have no idea what mark they are talking about.

The tracer head is a Westinghouse HL-90 (now Linatrol).

I will post up a few pictures

Ethan

P9261712-P40.jpg

P9261713-P40.jpg

P9261714-P40.jpg

P9261715-P40.jpg

P9261716-P40.jpg

Linde CM-40 shape cutter Rack and Pinion

I have a Linde CM-40 shape cutter and I need to replace the tracking rack and pinion assembly. I have been searching online but I have found nothing as yet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Linde CM-40 shape cutter and I need to replace the tracking rack and pinion assembly. I have been searching online but I have found nothing as yet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I think you'll need to measure the parts, and pick them from a stock gear catalog,
like Boston, or Mcmaster carr.

Not looking for something listed as "fits linde cm-40"

Some of the old Linde stuff I used to mess with, most if not all of the gearing and racks came from Boston or Globe gear. May have to modify a gear to fit, which I've done.

I have one that I never set up. I considered converting it into a cnc plasma machine, but it takes up a lot of room if you use it
as is, with the torch overhanging a separate work table. And the machine is too narrow to fit a 4ft wide sheet between the rails and cover the 4ft width......from what I recall.

Back