What's new
What's new

Linde/L-Tec MIG-35 PN 95355 manual/schematic/wiring diagram request

EW57

Plastic
Greetings, I hope this is the correct forum, please move if necessary.

I have a Linde VI-253 CV with a Linde/L-Tec MIG-35 PN 95355 wire feed unit that has recently been giving me some issues & I was hoping to find some advice and/or perhaps a manual/schematic/wiring diagram.

This machine probably get used 10hrs a year & last weekend I attempted to use it & I could hear the welding contactor slowly bouncing/banging a few times a second fairly rhythmically anytime the trigger was depressed at low wire feed settings. Further investigation revealed that the contact bounce is proportional to the wire feed setting, and unfortunately the contact bounce only stops when the wire speed is too fast to be usable. I had a new (furnas) contactor available, so I gave it a try & the issue persists. I’m running this machine off a 20hp rotary phase converter with the control transformers on the non-manufactured leg & hadn’t had this issue before last weekend.

Have anyone heard of any similar issues before and/or have any ideas where to look?

Thanks & take care,

Greetings, just to give an update on the situation:

I did measure the potentiometer & it was a bit flaky as one might expect due to the vintage of the machine. I replaced it with a bourns 10 turn 100k pot which obviously allows for finer adjustment but didnt solve the problem.

I noticed the feed motor would also slow momentarily when the contact bounced, so I disconnected the feed motor & the bouncing contact issue disappeared. I disassembled the motor & it was loaded up with dirt/dust, but cleaning didnt rectify the issue either.

The governor board (994236) was next up for review & I found one on ebay for approx $50. This seems to have solved the issue(s), & I'll report back if it doesnt hold up long term.

Back